The Workshop provides an overview of SierraSoft's Work in BIM methodology applied to road infrastructure.
The topics of the ideal BIM workflow for infrastructures, the importance of BIM design, the multidisciplinary coordination are discussed and practical examples of design, workflow and coordination are presented.
The Workshop is an interactive presentation followed by a debate with questions posed by the participants.
The Workshop can be followed in streaming, both live (“Online - Live”) and deferred (“Online - OnDemand”).
The workshop is aimed at road designers, BIM specialists (infrastructure), BIM coordinators and BIM managers.
The Workshop allows you to learn the basics of BIM methodology applied to road infrastructure.
- 100% online: you decide how and where to attend the Workshop.
- The Workshops “Online - Live” can be followed on PC, tablet and smartPhone (Android and IoS) using the GoToMeeting software platform.
- The Workshops “Online - OnDemand” can be followed on PC, tablet and smartPhone (Android and IoS) using an internet browser.
- Workshop available “Online - OnDemand” for 24 hours after the live broadcast.
How to registerTo register you can fill out the registration form or call (+39) 0434 254905.
Postponements or cancellationsFor organizational reasons, SierraSoft reserves the right to cancel or postpone the scheduled Workshops. All enrolled attendees will be notified of any changes by the registration deadline.
- The importance of workflow
- The MacLeamy curve applied to road infrastructure
- The importance of information continuity
Main work and ancillary works
- Roads, railways, bridges, tunnels, walls, hydraulic, etc.
Work in BIM
- Differences between “work in BIM” and “do BIM”
- How BIM improves design
Horizontal BIM and Vertical BIM
- Characteristics and differences between infrastructures and buildings
- Interoperability with BIM formats
- The information exchange with non-BIM formats
Workflows for infrastructure
- Characteristics and differences between different workflows
Examples of workflow and coordination
- Survey and As-Found in BIM
- Coordination of Survey - Design in BIM
- Design of roads and railways in BIM
- Coordination of design - ancillary works in BIM
- Analysis and verification of information models
- Information models for sharing and presentation
- Construction in BIM
- As-Built in BIM
- Asset management in BIM